Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What 3 Things?

A: The Bible, my make-up, and leopard-print shoes.
Q: What 3 things would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?

First of all, ...ahh...to be stranded...I can think of nothing lovelier! ...Peace...quiet...no email...no phone...no TV...I repeat...peace...and...q..u..i..e..t...aahhhhh.....

Second, let's just assume that my husband and 2 boys are with me...it would be just too much to bear to think otherwise, so they are obviously on the other side of the island happily catching fish for dinner with their bare hands, of course.

So why, then, those particular 3 things to have with my stranded self?
1. The Bible.
Need I say more? It's the Bible. The B-I-B-L-E. Yes, that's the book for me. (Sorry, I digress as I am reminded of an old-school song!) Just picture it. Sitting in the sand for hours, under a palm tree, tropical breeze blowing, cabana boy bringing me a drink with a little umbrella (oops! There I go again...), with uninterrupted time~ hour upon hour (remember the peace, quiet, no phone, no email thing?)~ to basque in the Word and unlock the secrets of the Kingdom of God? ...time to process them...time to journal about them...and quiet enough to hear Him speak to me through them.

2. My make-up.
I really do not care that this is completely impractical! When I look pulled-together, I feel pulled-together! Having on make-up makes me feel ready for the day, presentable, polished, smarter, and like I care enough about myself to put forth some effort (which is actually the case). ...And of course, my vitamin c with sunscreen is in my make-up bag, so that my family and I are protected from the harsh uva and uvb rays during our "stranded phase" as it will come to be known...I mean, really, only an irresponsible women would let herself become stranded without it... (!!!!)

3. Leopard-print shoes.
This just goes without saying! Maybe a peep-toe, platform, heel is a little much for island life, so possibly I should go for a sassy leopard flat here? (I very well may have an animal print addiction, just so that is "out" right here and now!) My theory is that I can think better in leopard-print shoes (and also zebra) than plain black, flip-flips with sequins, and even strappy snakeskins. They bring out my God-given creativity and sass! I think that if stranded on a deserted island wearing leopard-print shoes, I really could start a fire with 2 sticks, build a grass hut, kill/clean/and cook my own dinner (cause let's face it, even if the men in my family are with me, I am still going to be the one calling the shots people!)...all of that stuff...bare-handed...just as long as I am not bare-footed!

Question: What are your 3 things and why?

No comments: