Friday, November 14, 2008

Hooks

Hooks.

All I want is hooks.

In every bathroom. Every time.

I really don't think I am asking for that much...really....am I?

So why is it that I continually "eliminate" while staring at the two holes where the hook used to be on the stall door?

...While juggling my purse clinched between chin and chest, right hand holding up my calf-length coat, left hand trying to help thyself shimmey up the tights while somehow preventing my skirt from getting tucked into the back of them.... Oh, crud! Lip gloss falls out of the chin-and-chest-clinched purse and rolls under the stall door and out by the sink...all this while wearing 3-inch leopard-print heels and cussing the name of whom ever has done this to me.

Cause WHERE is the cotton-pickin' hook, for the love of Pete!

Seriously? Where IS the hook? Every hook in America...With every lost sock from the laundry and every pen that was only used once?!?!?!?

Once on a rare occasion when I did find (music swells, spotlight casts) A HOOK, I went straight to Customer Service and thanked them for having a hook. The associate looked at me as though she might be pushing a secret button under the counter to call for back-up. My son said I had just terribly embarrassed him. I was just simply expressing my gratitude for the simple things in life.

And DO I need to seek some good counsel just because I just don't want to place my purse on the floor of a less-than-sterile gas station bathroom? What if I forget that I sat it there and then go home and set it on my kitchen island?

I really don't need tons of stuff in life...

To be in the presence of God.
To wake up next to my beloved husband.
To be loved by my children (even when I embarrass them or make them mad).
To have my dog wag her tail when she sees me.

And to have a @(*#^(*% hook on the back of the bathroom door!
EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!

Question: What simple thing in life have you been taking for granted?

No comments: