Friday, November 21, 2008

Come, Lord Jesus, Come

Come, Lord Jesus, Come...

Can you hear it in your head?

The praise song I mean?

...great song...but that is not what I am referring to here...

I mean literally...

Yep.

The Rapture.

Been praying for it for a while now.

Open heavens, angels, 7 golden lampstands, thunder, locusts, seals, scrolls, emerald-encircled throne, trumpets, 24 crown-wearing elders...the whole 9 yards! Seriously! (You can read all about it in Thessalonians & Revelation if you are not familiar...)

Why?
A.) I'm exhausted!
I have a lot going on... wakeupgoteachkindergartenfor3hourscomehomeworklikeamaniacfor3morehourspleaseJesus
helpmefindafewminutesforprayerandmeditationwalkdogboyscomehomefromschoolgetsreally
loudstartrunningthemaroundtobasketballspellbowlbaseballdohomeworkcookdinnercleanitup
meetingatchurchmake5deliveriescallsevenpeopleturnonthecomputer20emailsdownloadthat
actuallyalldoneedrespondingtohelpwithhomeworkmassagehusband'sfeetfallinbedgetupdoitall
overagain...
(No breaks between words here to drive home the point that during my day I often do not have time to catch my breath, eat lunch before 3:00 or wee-wee!)
and frankly I don't know what will slow the pace short of just shuttin' the whole operation down.

B.) There is a lot going on in the world today that I can not explain:
God calls me, and all of us, to Shake the System (shake, baby, shake), and I am trying my darnedest as are most of my Christian friends. I know that every bit of what we do honors the God of Justice that we serve and still, no matter how hard we try, there will still be those who suffer. If I think Jesus is making a slow descent (meaning I feel He's on His way), I won't give up and stop fulfilling my purpose...I'll just know that some serious help's comin'.

I don't mean to make light here.
And I know He is not planning "the big entrance" just because I am exhausted....
It's just that I'm not afraid.
I mean, I have plenty of unanswered questions that I have been researching in my Book 'O Truth (Bible)...it's where all the good secrets are, but I am not afraid.

Things always remind me of songs...the lyrics of another great one:
Come to me all who are weary
And find rest for your soul
Come to me all who are burdened
I will lead you home

Lesson already learned years ago:
Whatever it is, it'll be in His time not mine!
I guess in the meantime if I want to find a little rest for my oh-so-weary soul I need to go hunker down with The Good Book.

So Dear God, not that you (of all "people") need my permission, but you can go ahead and come anytime now...I mean I'm ready...though I'm guessing you want to "press in" on all of us a little more firmly first.

And I will do my best to press on. Rev. 2: 3 "You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name and have not grown weary."

Hmmmm....to endure that kind of mental pain and anguish (ya know, the locusts and all) just might take a new pair of animal print shoes...

Rev. 22: 20 "He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

Question: Are you ready? Are you afraid?

No comments: